Remedies for Sun / Surya Graha Shanti
It is believed that Surya has been worshipped since ages to receive the kind blessings of God. Surya is considered as the only visible form of God that can be seen every day. God Surya is regarded as an aspect of Shiva and Vishnu by Shaivites and Vaishnavas respectively. Surya is also known as Surya Narayana. Surya, the Sun God is also acknowledged as one of the eight forms of Lord Shiva (Astamurti). Surya is the lord of excellence and wisdom. Sun is also considered to be the kind of planets. Surya represents soul, will-power, fame, the eyes, general vitality, courage, kingship, father, highly placed persons and authority etc. Let us have a look at the remedies for Surya or Sun related troubles and during the dasa or antardasa of sun:
1. Worship the ruling deity Lord Surya
2. Recite Adyta Hridaya Stotra or Gayatri Mantra every day.
3. Japa of Sun’s moola mantra: “Om hram hreem hroum sah suryaya namah”, 6000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Soorya Stotra.
5. Charity: Donate wheat or sugar candy on Sunday.
6. Observe fasts on Sundays.
7. Ritual: Rudrabhishek.
8. Rudraksha: Put on Ekamukhi or 12 mukhi Rudraksha
9. Jadi for Sun: Bel (बेल), Bent (बेंत)
10. Gemstone: Ruby
Remedies for Moon / Chandra Graha Shanti
According to ancient science of Vedic astrology, Moon or Chandra depicts mind and brain, feelings, emotions, sensitivity, softness, imagination, queen and mother. The waxing moon is believed to be benefic, while the waning moon is considered to be malefic. Moon is lord of three nakshatras or lunar mansions: Rohini, Hasta and Shravana. Chandra rules over the sign Karka (Cancer), while he is exalted in Vrishabha (Taurus) and in his fall in Vrishchika (Scorpio). Chandra has the following associations: the color white, the metal silver and the gemstones pearl and moonstone. His element is water, direction is north-west and season is winter. The Food Grain associated with him (One of Nava Dhanyas) is Rice. Let us have a look at remedies for Chandra or Moon related problems and during the Dasa or Antardasa of Moon:
1. Recite Annapurna Stotram.
2. Worship the ruling deity Shiva.
3. Chant Moon’s ‘moola mantra’: Om shram sreem shraum sah chandraya namah, 10,000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Chandra stotra.
5. Jadi: Khirni(Khirika) Mool
6. Rudraksha: Wear 2 mukhi Rudraksha.
7. Pooja: Devi pooja.
8. Fasting: On Mondays.
9. Charity: Donate cow’s milk or rice on Monday.
10. Gemstone: Pearl
Remedies for Mars / Mangal Graha Shanti
In Vedic astrology, Mars or Mangal is believed to signify drive and physical energy, self-confidence and ego, strength, anger, impulsiveness, heroism and adventurous nature. Mangal is the ruler of blood, muscles and bone marrow. He is also related with battle, war and soldiers. As per Vedic astrology, Mars is considered as malefic by nature. “Mangal Dosha” is known as very dreaded concept of astrology. It asserts if a person having Mangal Dosh in their birth-charts marry someone who is not Mangali, it can cause death of spouse, strife, lack of prosperity and incur many other troubles. Remedies to be performed for Mangal or Mars related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Mars:
1. Worship the ruling deities Kartikeya and Hanuman.
The Kartikeya mantra: “Om Saravanabhavaya Namah”
The Hanuman mantra: “Om Ham Hanumate Namah”
2. Worship Bagalamukhi Devi with homan and japa.
3. Recite Kartikeya Stotra or Hanuman Chalisa.
4. Japa of the Mars mantra: Om kram kreem kroum sah bhaumaya namah, 7000 times in 40 days.
5. Recite the Mangala stotra.
6. Charity: Donate Masoor dal (red lentils) on Tuesdays.
7. Fasting: On Tuesdays.
8. Pooja: Kartikeya pooja or Rudrabhishekha.
9. Rudraksha: Wear a 3 mukhi Rudraksha.
10. Gemstone: Coral (Moonga)
11. Jadi: Anant Mool
Remedies for Mercury / Budh Graha Shanti
According to Hindu mythology, Budha or Mercury is considered to be the son of Moon. As per Vedic astrology, Mercury is believed to have benefic nature. However, if it conjoins with any malefic planet, it becomes malefic. Budh is the lord of Gemini and Virgo. Budh or Mars depicts intellect, communication, analysis, the senses (especially the skin), science, mathematics, business, education and research etc. The remedies for Budha or Mercury related problems and during his Dasa and Antardasa are as follows:
1. Worship Lord Vishnu.
2. Recite Vishnu sahasranama stotra.
3. Japa of the Budha beeja mantra: Om bram breem broum sah budhaya namah, 17000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Budha stotra.
5. Charity: Donate Udad dal on Wednesday.
6. Fasting: On Wednesdays.
7. Pooja: Vishnu pooja.
8. Rudraksha: Wear a 10 mukhi Rudraksha.
9. Jadi: Briddha-darak Mool
10. Gemstone: Emerald
Jupiter Remedies / Guru Graha Shanti
Jupiter is also known as Guru or Brihaspati in Vedic astrology. Hindu scriptures confer him with title of Guru of Gods. Guru or Brihaspat is considered to be the most benefic planet as per Hindu astrology. Jupiter is lord of Sagittarius (Dhanu) and Pisces (Meena). He is believed to be exalted in Cancer and Capricorn. Jupiter or Guru signifies religion, spirituality, philosophy, knowledge and karma etc. Remedies for Guru or Jupiter related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Guru are as follows:
1. Worship ruling deity Dakshinamurty (for Shaivayats) or Narayan (for Vaishnavas).
2. Recite Shri Rudram.
3. Japa of the Guru beeja mantra: Om gram greem groum sah gurave namah, 16000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Guru stotra.
5. Donate: Saffron or turmeric or sugar on Thursdays.
6. Fasting: On Thrusdays.
7. Pooja: Rudrabhishekam.
8. Rudraksha: Wear a 5 mukhi rudraksha.
9. Jadi: Bamanhati or Brahma-jasthi root
10. Gemstone: Yellow sapphire
Venus Remedies / Shukra Graha Shanti
As per Vedic astrology, Shukra or Venus is considered to be a benefic planet by nature. Shukra is the lord of Taurus and Libra signs. In Pisces, it is believed to be exalted and debilitated in Virgo. Venus or Shukra is the significator of love, marriage, art, the opposite sex, artistic talent, music, dances, luxuries and material life etc. Remedies for Shukra or Venus related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Venus are as follows:
1. Worship ruling deity Goddess Laxmi (Lakshmi).
2. Chant Shukra beeja mantra: Om dram dreem droum sah shukraya namah, 20000 times in 40 days.
3. Recite Shree Sooktam or Devi stuti.
4. Recite the Shukra stotra.
5. Donate clothes or dairy cream or curd to a lady on Friday.
6. Fasting: On Fridays.
7. Pooja: Lakshmi poojan.
8. Wear a 9 mukhi Rudraksha.
9. Jadi: Rambasak root
10. Gemstone: Diamond
Saturn Remedies / Shani Graha Shanti
Saturn or Shani is most dreaded planet. As per Vedic astrology, Shani is believed to be the son of Surya or Sun. Shani is considered to be the strongest malefic and a stern teacher who represents patience, effort, endeavour, and endurance; and who brings restrictions and misfortunes. However, a favourably-placed Shani on the horoscope of a person stands for a strong career, healthy life and everything positive for that person. Shani is believed to be exalted in Libra and debilitated in Aries. Remedies for Shani or Saturn related problems, Sadhe Sati and during the dasa or antardasa of Shani are as follows:
1. Worship Lord Hanuman or Lord Bhairo.
2. Recite Hanuman chalisa or any other Hanuman stotra.
3. Japa of Shani mantra: Om pram preem proum sah shanaischaraya namah, 19000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Shani stotra.
5. Donate a buffalo or black til (sesame seeds) on Saturday.
6. Fasting on Saturdays.
7. Pooja: Hanuman pooja.
8. Wear a 14 mukhi Rudraksha.
9. For all Saturn related troubles, Dasharatha Shani Stotra of is an excellent remedy.
10. Jadi: Shwet Berela root
11. Gemstones: Blue-sapphire
12. Perform thilabhishekam on sanitrayodasi, sanijayanthi (pushya masam bahula astami) and saniamavasya days.
Rahu Remedies / Rahu Graha Shanti
According to Vedic astrology, Rahu does not own any sign. It is friends with Saturn, Mercury and Venus. It is neutral towards Mars, Jupiter. It is the enemy of Sun and Moon. It is important to note that Rahu is more inimical to Sun as compared to Moon. For Rahu related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Rahu:
1. Worship lord Bhairava or lord Shiva.
2. Recite the Rahu stotra.
3. Chant Rahu beeja mantra: Om bhram bhreem bhroum sah rahave namah, 18000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Kalabhairav asthakam.
5. Donate: Udad dal or coconut on Saturdays.
6. Fasting on Saturdays.
7. Pooja: Bhairav or Shiva or Chandi pooja.
8. Wear An 8 mukhi Rudraksha.
9. One of the most effective remedies for Rahu is recitation of the first chapter of Durga Saptasati.
10. Jadi: White sandel root(shwet chandan)
Ketu Remedies / Ketu Graha Shanti
As per Vedic astrology, Ketu depicts positive and negative karmic accumulations, spirituality and occultism. Many astrologers believe Ketu as the significator of Moksha or Nirvana. It is considered both malefic and benefic by Vedic astrologers. Remedies for Ketu related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Ketu:
1. Worship the ruling deity Sri Ganesha.
2. Recite the Ketu stotra everyday.
3. Chant Beeja mantra of Ketu: Om shram shreem shroum sah ketave namah, 7,000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite Ganesha Dwadasanama Stotra.
5. Donation: A black cow (Syama Gaay) or black mustard seeds on Thursday.
6. Fasting: On Thursdays.
7. Wear a 9 mukhi rudraksha.
8. Recitation of Shiva Panchakshari Stotra is also considered a very good remedy for Ketu.
9. Jadi: Ashwagangha tree root
10. Gemstone: Cats eyestone